Saturday 10 December 2011

LE PREMIERE!

Love is a wonderful thing to experience, especially on special days like birthdays!!

The birth of this blog is associated with my special day and is one of the many ways I was showered with love and appreciation. This year, I was not so sure how my birthday would turn out 'cause I knew my mom wouldn't be around to bake me her infamous cakes like every other year...and I would be sitting exams on the day itself. That's why I thank God for the gift of love and friendship. My birthday was made special by those I hold dear, those I love and treasure, those I call friends and family. And despite the presence of an exam bang in the middle of my day, the day turned out to be wonderful.

It got me thinking...
Everyone deserves to feel loved and appreciated on their birthday. And everyone can.
The best thing about it is you don't need much money to do this. All someone needs are heartfelt wishes and appreciation from their friends and family.


Everyone should be able to use their birthday as a chance to look back and thank God, not just for life, but all the good things that came with the year. This should be especially true for believers for we know that Jesus Christ came not just to give us life, but life in abundance. It reminds me of the song we used to sing in Sunday school: “Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done, count your blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done”. This song is extremely practical…try it even now. Just think of all the good things in your life and you’ll feel better!

So for those of you born in December like me, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We're blessed to be born in a month when we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Borrow a leaf from my friends' book and use this season to spread love around!

Merry Christmas in advance! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the premiere. However, I'm glad that you've gotten a platform to share the amazing thoughts that God's placed in your heart. God bless.......

    ReplyDelete