Thursday 4 December 2014

Au Revoir

I first listened to this song on my iPod (the old-school first generation version) so I had no idea what the song was called. I just knew I totally loved it.

We all have those moments when we're not ourselves and those we love aren't either. Call them bad days, being 'under the weather', whatever you want to call them.
Point is, life happens. And that is what this song is about.

The violins make the perfect beginning for a song of this magnitude. Good job One Republic!

Today I'm not myself
And you you're someone else
And all these rules don't fit
And all that starts can quit

What a peculiar state we're in
What a peculiar state we're in

Let's play a game
Where all of the lives we lead 
Can change
Let's play a game
Where nothing that we can see
The same

We'll find other pieces to the puzzles
Slipping out under the locks
I can show you how many moves to checkmate right now

We can take apart this life we're building
And pack it up inside a box
All that really matters is we're doing it
Right now
Right now

No comments:

Post a Comment