Wednesday 25 July 2012

Belgium on a public holiday: photo session

Here are a few photos, as promised!

We took the metro to town on Day 1...



 There was a whole fair being held at the park grounds to celebrate the public holiday. All sorts of stands were there including an entire dog show. Here are some adorable dogs I managed to capture on lens..



And watched the military parade for national day!!


The horses made a mess on the beautifully clean streets and right after them came, who would have guessed, a cleaning crew!!

I found myself wondering if we could ship one of these trucks to Kenya :)


As always with these military parades, there was a marching band.

I just love their feathered hats!
 I love how the incorporated the lion into the military uniform. Its an important symbol in Belgium which appears on their coat of arms as started by King Leopold II and putting it on the top of the flag poles is a stroke of genius. 

The architecture is also something out of this world. Here is a building in the city centre (Brussels)



I hope now you have a bit more of an idea as to what Belgium looks like in my eyes. More photos should be coming up as soon as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment